Report Abuse

Sort by Month

Blog Archive

Site Categories

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Blogroll

Sorry! The content you were looking for does not exist or changed its url.

Please check if the url is written correctly or try using our search form.

Portfolio

4-tag:Portfolio-500px-mosaic
Skip to main content

Grayson by Lisa Eugene

 



BOOK: Grayson 
AUTHOR: Lisa Eugene
TYPE: Standalone
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
POV: First Person - Angie
PAGE COUNT: 208 (Kindle Edition)
PUBLICATION DATE: Sep 25, 2014
DATE READ: Nov 8, 2020


*(Subject to change)*
4.03

Angie Roberts - 22
Grayson Whitmore - 44

Attempted Rape

An insane love that will keep you from falling---or push you right off the edge.

All she needed was a job…
The last thing twenty-four year old grad student Angie Roberts needs is to worry about her new boss’s father. After all, she’s never even seen him. He remains sequestered upstairs in a house that looks like it should be the main feature in an episode of Hoarders. She had no idea the house was such a dump when she took the job. But she’s concerned about the safety and health of the old man living under such horrid conditions.

What she got was a mystery…
Despite warnings not to venture upstairs, she wanders up to the second floor. What she sees is shocking. The man she finds is a gorgeous, sexy, middle-aged man-- and he's stepping out of the shower. But something is definitely not right. Why would this wealthy, handsome man live in a house in such disrepair while his nine-teen year old son resides in a lavish pent-house? Why does he hide away from society? Why does he come to her rescue and then run away?

What she discovered was heartbreaking…
Angie learns that forty-four year old Grayson Whitmore suffers from schizophrenia. Paranoid, he retreats into his own world.

What she ended up with was a treasure…
Angie is determined to get through to Grayson. They form a friendship that blazes into an inconceivable love fired with raging passion. Angie must now come to Grayson’s rescue because the wicked that has been perpetrated on him is unconscionable. First, though, she must gain the trust of a man whose mind does not allow for such a thing.


I saw it all. His dark fears, his crippling doubts, his fervent passion - and his amazing heart. It was perfection. A perfect soul with fissures and flaws that made him beautiful.


Grayson by Lisa Eugene was a sweet, intense, heart-gutting read. The storyline was hot and romantic with a heavy dose of drama and angst towards the end. It's about finding love again even amidst illness and tragedy. Everything in this book, every character, every tragedy, from the way Angie's and Grayson's relationship progressed to the way they deal with their misfortunes, their personalities and even the supporting characters, felt real and beautiful. The plot's genuine, unique and thought-provoking especially towards those afflicted with schizophrenia. I really enjoyed the story and was taken by surprise with the powerful punch of emotion at the end. Some parts of the story were messy, like Ana's and Charles's affair, but still engaging.

I couldn't begin to imagine what his world was like. My senses gave me input about the world and I trusted my brain to honestly interpret the data and make accurate conclusions and predictions. What if the conclusions were often wrong? How could I ever stay grounded? How could I ever feel safe? How could I ever put my trust in anything around me?


I loved Grayson and Angie's relationship (especially the smutty parts). Angie was strong, caring and thoughtful. Grayson was an enigma, a complex character for me. In the beginning, I really felt the chills he put out and wasn't sure about his character. But gradually, as I started to know about his condition and his mind, I found out he was really worth the wait. I couldn't begin to imagine his reality and I have the highest respect for those who suffer from this terrible disease and are still able to enjoy life. The one letdown for me was Charles. He felt too young (19) to be such a lecherous mastermind villain. And why didn't Grayson notice his evil ways before the accident? Or he did notice but took no action towards it? And is there a book for Ana? Wouldn't mind reading more about her.

My Grayson was funny and brilliant. He was tender and passionate. He could melt my heart with the tiniest smile. But this man, too, was my Grayson, a man who was sometimes out of touch with reality, who lived in the distorted world concocted by his brain. A world of doubt, fear and distrust.


Apart from that, Lisa Eugene sure knows how to make me feel soft for her characters. The epilogue was awesome; really enjoyed that. It was several years in the future and it made me so happy to be able to see how their lives turned out after their misery. Overall, a sweet book with an even sweeter epilogue.


  • He gave me everything, took everything, and became everything.
  • I loved when he looked at me that way. It was something like awe and disbelief mingled with tender reverence.
  • I couldn't begin to imagine what his world was like. My senses gave me input about the world and I trusted my brain to honestly interpret the data and make accurate conclusions and predictions. What if the conclusions were often wrong? How could I ever stay grounded? How could I ever feel safe? How could I ever put my trust in anything around me?
  • It’s a struggle to achieve balance. It can be a futile search for the absolute truth or an endless certainty of lies.
  • “I’m on your side, Grayson. Always.”
    “I—I can’t make any promises, Angie. I don’t know what the future holds. Right now I can only take it one day at a time—one step at a time.”
    “As long as you allow me to take those steps with you. That’s all I want.”
    I felt his smile as he buried his face in my neck. His wet hair brushed against my cheek, smooth and silky.
    “I wouldn’t want it any other way.”



Lisa Eugene began writing as a way to mentally escape from the hectic medical world where she has been a practicing nurse for over twenty years. She loves to incorporate her medical background into her steamy, romantic reads. Her books are fast paced, emotional roller-coasters---and her fans always enjoy the ride. When she's not plotting her next dangerous, fast-paced, sexy adventure, you can find her juggling a full time job, playing soccer mom, or curled up reading a good romance.

Follow me on GOODREADS: Catherine Russell
Follow me on BOOKBUB: BookBub

See My Review on GOODREADS: My Review
See Grayson on GOODREADS: Grayson
See Lisa Eugene on GOODREADS: Lisa Eugene

See My Review on BOOKBUB: My Review
See Grayson on BOOKBUB: Grayson
See Lisa Eugene on BOOKBUB: Lisa Eugene

Catherine Russell - a pseudonym after my first ever paranormal romance series "The Night Huntress" by Jeanine Frost, which really sparked my passion of reading.

Comments